An extensive resource pack to help students understand the concept of making connections.
Being able to identify the main idea in a text is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Reading Comprehension Strategies PowerPoint – Making Connections
- Making Connections with Text Posters
- Making Connections with Text Poster
- 120 Comprehension Strategy Question Cards
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies Poster Pack
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Question Mats
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Question Flashcards
- Reading Strategies Poster Pack
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Tolsby Frame Poster Pack
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies Bookmark
- Make Connections Poster
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Individual Strategy Bookmarks
- QR Code Reading Comprehension Strategy Question Cubes
- Applying Reading Comprehension Strategies Worksheets
- Making Connections – Worksheet
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read different types of texts by combining contextual , semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge using text processing strategies for example monitoring meaning, cross checking and reviewing
Navigate and read texts for specific purposes applying appropriate text processing strategies, for example predicting and confirming, monitoring meaning, skimming and scanning
Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning to expand content knowledge, integrating and linking ideas and analysing and evaluating texts
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!