A collection of coloring worksheets that use parts of speech as indicators.
Students are required to identify and color the parts of speech according to the key provided.
Answer sheets are available within the download.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, Prepositions, and Adjectives – Owl
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Pronouns, Prepositions, and Adverbs – Toucan
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives – Whale
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives – Seal
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives – Octopus
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, and Pronouns – Chameleon
- Color by Parts of Speech – Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs – Frog
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Use common, proper, and possessive nouns.
Use verbs to convey a sense of past, present, and future (e.g., Yesterday I walked home; Today I walk home; Tomorrow I will walk home).
Use frequently occurring adjectives.
Form and use frequently occurring irregular plural nouns (e.g., feet, children, teeth, mice, fish).
Form and use the past tense of frequently occurring irregular verbs (e.g., sat, hid, told).
Use adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.
Form and use regular and irregular verbs.
Form and use comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
Use relative pronouns (who, whose, whom, which, that) and relative adverbs (where, when, why).
Order adjectives within sentences according to conventional patterns (e.g., a small red bag rather than a red small bag).
Form and use prepositional phrases.
Use verb tense to convey various times, sequences, states, and condition
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!