A collection of age-appropriate, Grade 1 teaching resources and activities for homeschool parents to use with their children during the month of September.
This teaching resource pack has been handpicked by a team of educators to include a range of resources that cover the curriculum taught in 1st grade in September. It contains resources covering the key learning areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics.
Whether you are looking for engaging, hands-on resources to supplement your homeschool curriculum or resources to assist with the teaching of skills, this resource pack has you covered! Each resource in this pack is curriculum-aligned and age-appropriate, and many can be used repeatedly to reinforce the skill throughout the school year. No more having to hunt to find extra practice for your homeschool student!
Topics covered in the pack include:
- subitizing numbers
- place value skills
- comparing numbers
- rhyming words
- decoding skills
- reading high-frequency words
- spelling skills
- vocabulary skills
- handwriting skills
- capitalization and punctuation.
Find homeschool teaching resource packs for more grade levels in the Parent and Homeschool Teaching Resource Collection.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Subitizing Small Collections PowerPoint
- Subitizing 1 to 12 – Memory Game
- Subitizing Leapfrog Game
- Subitizing 1 to 12 – Dominoes
- Roll It, Make It, Expand It! – Place Value Worksheet
- Base-10 Blocks – Pictorial Model Cards
- Decomposing Numbers – Matchup Activity
- Place Value Spin
- Expanded Form Dominoes (2-Digit Numbers)
- 2-Digit Number of the Day Worksheet
- Number Hunt Description Cards
- 0-120 Number and Word Flashcards – Circles
- Number Talks – Comparing Numbers Task Cards
- Exploring 2-Digit Place Value PowerPoint
- Word of the Week PowerPoint – Grade 1
- My Word of the Week Mat
- Rhyming Word Cards
- Color Rhyming and Poetry Worksheet
- A Fistful of Flavors Alliteration Activity
- Animal Alliteration Activity – Brainstorming Template
- Phonics Find Description Cards
- Sight Word Cards – Dolch Grade 1
- Word Building Mat – Skateboard Theme
- Word Building Cards
- Spelling Task Cards
- Student Assessment Kit – Long and Short Vowel Sound
- Alphabet Tracing Pack
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Parts of a Book Front Cover – Poster
- Everyday Grammar Capitalization and Punctuation Warm-Ups – Grades 1 and 2 Interactive PowerPoint
- Punctuation in a Pouch
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs.
Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
Use knowledge that every syllable must have a vowel sound to determine the number of syllables in a printed word.
Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
Use end punctuation for sentences.
Count to 120, starting at any number less than 120. In this range, read and write numerals and represent a number of objects with a written numeral.
Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones. Understand the following as special cases:
10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones — called a "ten."
The numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
The numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine tens (and 0 ones).
Compare two two-digit numbers based on meanings of the tens and ones digits, recording the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, and <.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!