Enhance your students' comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills using 4th Grade writing worksheets and a high-interest reading passage about Tornadoes.
Close Reading Activities + Weather Lessons
This 4th grade writing worksheets packet focuses on severe weather, specifically the storms known as tornadoes or cyclones. It would be great as a way to wrap up your study of nonfiction texts, brainstorming, weather, and writing informational text. It could also be a fun way to introduce a weather unit.
The resource provides a nonfiction passage written to provide students with important background information on the holiday, along with providing the following activities:
- Reading Comprehension Assessment
- Facts and Details Sorting Activity
- Informational Essay Prompt & Writing Page
An answer key is included with your download to make grading fast and easy!
Differentiate Your Fourth Grade Writing Worksheets and Activities
For struggling readers, try the following:
- Provide read-aloud accommodations.
- Allow students to partner read the passage and complete the comprehension check together.
- Pre-teach vocabulary related to passages prior to reading.
- Build background before completing by viewing videos and images or discussing prior knowledge on the topic.
For fast finishers, enhance their learning by trying the following:
- Have students read additional texts or watch videos about Tornadoes.
- Have students enhance their writing into a complete five-paragraph essay.
- Teach your students to make a Tornado in a Jar!
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to download the PDF.
Because this resource includes an answer sheet, we recommend you print one copy of the entire file. Then, make photocopies of the blank worksheet for students to complete.
To save paper, we suggest printing the 2-page worksheets double-sided.
Additionally, project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
|[resource:1617534] [resource:2669354] [resource:4802237]