A pack of 10 posters explaining some of the most commonly used reading comprehension strategies.
This pack of posters includes:
- Title poster – Reading Strategies
- Overview poster – Definitions of all eight strategies
- Making Connections – What do I already know about this topic?
- Predicting – What do I think will happen?
- Monitoring – Is the text making sense to me as I read?
- Clarifying – What actions can I take to make greater sense of the text?
- Visualizing – What sights, smells and sounds am I imagining as I read the text?
- Inferring – What clues has the author given me to help create meaning from the text?
- Questioning – What questions can I ask to help create meaning from the text?
- Summarizing – What are the most important ideas in the text?