Incorporate this mental math drills booklet into your math lesson warm-up (or assessment) routine.
Improve Fact Fluency With Our Mixed Operations Minute Math Booklet! 📖
Developing efficient mental computation strategies is a vital skill that students can develop and benefits from regular practice. This booklet focuses on the important mental computation skills for intermediate students to practice.
While the numbers may not be as large as those they work with when using written strategies, the main focus is the mental strategies needed to solve the questions within the booklet.
Incorporate this booklet into your math lessons three days a week for ten weeks! Topics include:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Subtraction from 100
- Mixed Operations
- Mixed Operations 2: The Sequel
Implementing a Math Drill Warm-up
Establishing a regular activity that begins each math lesson provides students with a familiar exercise to ease them into their learning. This is especially the case when returning to the classroom after recess or lunch.
Follow the suggested implementation below:
- Display a timer on an interactive whiteboard or screen.
- Write the page on the board for students to see.
- Once all students have their math drill booklets ready, begin the timer, and students begin the drill.
- Once a student has completed the round, they note down the time it took them to complete it.
- They then can color the front page or quietly read while other students finish the task.
- When all students have finished, have a student read out the answers while the rest mark their work.
- Students mark down how many questions they got correct out of twenty.
Easily Download & Print
This resource downloads in PDF format. It includes three answer pages at the end of the document.
We suggest printing pages 1–11 using the booklet function to save paper. This allows you to print the booklet with only three pieces of paper. Simply fold each set of three pages in half and staple them together.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
[resource:4639741] [resource:4815515] [resource:4704990]