Celebrate National Poetry Month in the primary classroom with this planning guide and set of resources.
April is National Poetry Month, a time to celebrate poets and their craft. Let’s celebrate by bringing poetry into the primary classroom each day of the month!
Use the weekly planning guide to lead your students through short mini-lessons; each day focusing on a different literary device or poetic form. Everything you will need to celebrate week 2 is included in this resource pack!
- Primary Weekly Poetry Guide - Week 2
- Sensory Chart Graphic Organizer
- Sensory Poem Poster
- What Could It Be? - Sensory Poem Template
- Alliteration Poster For Young Students
- A Fistful of Flavors Alliteration Activity
- Animal Alliteration Activity - Brainstorming Template
- Alliteration Poem Poster
- Writing Template - Primary Grades