A collection of age-appropriate, Grade 4 teaching resources and activities for homeschool parents to use with their children during the month of September.
This teaching resource pack has been handpicked by a team of educators to include a range of resources that cover the curriculum taught in 4th grade in September. It contains resources covering the key learning areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics.
Whether you are looking for engaging, hands-on resources to supplement your homeschool curriculum or resources to assist with the teaching of skills, this resource pack has you covered! Each resource in this pack is curriculum-aligned and age-appropriate, and many can be used repeatedly to reinforce the skill throughout the school year. No more having to hunt to find extra practice for your homeschool student!
Topics covered in the pack include:
- place value (whole numbers and decimals to the hundredths)
- comparing and ordering whole numbers and decimals
- rounding whole numbers
- writing legibly in cursive
- dictionary skills
- vocabulary skills
- spelling skills
- reading response skills
- monitoring comprehension skills
- author’s purpose
- capitalization and punctuation
- journal writing.
Find homeschool teaching resource packs for more grade levels in the Parent and Homeschool Teaching Resource Collection.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Exploring 5-Digit Place Value PowerPoint
- Wendy’s Place Value Wall Worksheet
- Numeral Expander for 5-Digit Numbers
- Place Value Cards – 10,000; 1,000; 100; 10; 1
- Expanded Form Dominoes (5-Digit Numbers)
- Multiply It or Divide It! Board Game
- 4-Digit Place Value Game – Race Up the Rounding Ladder
- 6-Digit Number of the Day Worksheet
- Number Talks – Number Sense Task Cards
- 0-9 Digit Cards
- Place Value Chart – Hundredths Place
- Number Talks – Decimal Representation Task Cards
- Base-10 Blocks – Pictorial Model Cards
- Describe That Decimal Worksheet
- Vocabulary Dice Roll Activity
- Spelling Task Cards
- Cursive Practice – Letters
- Cursive Practice – Sentences
- Parts of a Dictionary – Poster
- Dictionary Definition Matchup
- Word of the Week PowerPoint – Grade 4
- Reading Response Templates – Complete Journal
- Author’s Purpose – Sentence Writing Activity
- Identify Author’s Purpose Poster
- Word Whizz – Word Building Activity
- Everyday Grammar Capitalization and Punctuation Warm-Ups – Grades 3 and 4 Interactive PowerPoint
- Journal Writing Prompt Cards
- Word Of The Day Activity Sheet – Grades 4–6
- Decoding Strategy Posters – Middle-Upper Years
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Use correct capitalization.
Spell grade-appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed.
Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
Consult reference materials (e.g., dictionaries, glossaries, thesauruses), both print and digital, to find the pronunciation and determine or clarify the precise meaning of key words and phrases.
Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
Recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right. For example, recognize that 700 ÷ 70 = 10 by applying concepts of place value and division.
Read and write multi-digit whole numbers using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form. Compare two multi-digit numbers based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
Use place value understanding to round multi-digit whole numbers to any place.
Compare two decimals to hundredths by reasoning about their size. Recognize that comparisons are valid only when the two decimals refer to the same whole. Record the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, or <, and justify the conclusion...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!