A collection of number talks teaching resources that support meaningful and highly engaging conversations in the mathematics classroom.
Number talks are a daily, math activity that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about mathematics. Incorporating these short, ten-minute daily exercises into your classroom routine not only help students develop mental math and flexible thinking about numbers and operations, but also provide opportunities for them to investigate and apply mathematical connections and relationships.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Number Talks – Decimal Task Cards
- Number Talks – Mental Division Task Cards
- Number Talks – Adding and Subtracting Fractions Task Cards
- Number Talks – Dividing with Unit Fractions Task Cards
- Number Talks – Classifying Figures Task Cards
- Number Talks – Volume Task Cards
- Number Talks – Measurement Conversion Task Cards
- Number Talks – Hand Signal Poster Pack
- Number Talks – Sentence Starters Poster Pack
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!