A collection of resources exploring fractions.
This teaching resource pack caters to a range of age groups and ability levels. Enliven your teaching of fractions with these resources. A variety of materials are included, from games and puzzles to worksheets and an investigation.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- I Have, Who Has? Game – Fraction, Decimal and Percentage Equivalence
- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages Polygon Puzzle
- Fraction, Decimal, Percentage Match-Up Game
- Decimals Worksheet – Comparing and Ordering
- Adding Fractions with Common Denominators Worksheet
- Operations with Fractions Maths Investigation – Renovate with a Rug!
- Fraction and Decimal Dominoes – Tenths and Hundredths
- Equivalent Fractions – Cookie Jar Sorting Activity
- Improper Fractions Cards
- Fractions Pizza Builder (With Toppings) – Hands-On Materials
- Counting By Fractions Worksheet
- Unit Fractions Cards
- Halves or Quarters Worksheet
- Fraction Wheels and Suggested Activities Sheet
- Funky Fractions ‘Halves’ Craft Activity
- Half the Fun – Fractions Colouring Worksheet
- Fractions of Collections Worksheet
- Is It Half? Fractions Colouring Sheet
- Fractions of Bars and Number Lines
- How Big Is That Fraction? Worksheet
Australian Curriculum alignment
Recognise and describe one-half as one of two equal parts of a whole.
Recognise and interpret common uses of halves, quarters and eighths of shapes and collections
Model and represent unit fractions including 1/2, 1/4, 1/3, 1/5 and their multiples to a complete whole
Investigate equivalent fractions used in contexts
Compare and order common unit fractions and locate and represent them on a number line
Compare fractions with related denominators and locate and represent them on a number line
Compare fractions using equivalence. Locate and represent positive and negative fractions and mixed numbers on a number line
Identify symmetry in the environment
Count by quarters halves and thirds, including with mixed numerals. Locate and represent these fractions on a number line
Investigate strategies to solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions with the same denominator
Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions with the same or related denominators
Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions, including those with unrelated denominators
Recognise that the place value system can be extended to tenths and hundredths. Make connections between fractions and decimal notation
Compare, order and represent decimals
Make connections between equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!